The Labour party's latest online video turns David Cameron's "Broken Britain" narrative on its head - with a positive twist.
After a week where the Labour party has been accused of negative campaigning, their latest online video turns David Cameron’s “Broken Britain” narrative on its head – with a positive twist.
On first viewing, I was a bit unsure by the worst party election broadcast, but stick with it for a clever twist.
The Conservatives have repeatedly talked down Britain during the election campaign:
• Paul Krugman has dismissed comparisons made by Conservatives between the UK and Greece;
• Conservative scaremongering about the threat of a hung parliament is not backed up by market behaviour
• David Cameron has been challenged by Channel 4 Fact Check for his description of Labour’s poverty record;
• The Tories were criticised for erroneously claiming that half of teenagers in some areas fell pregnant; and
• Public Finance magazine showed that the Tories had misused incapacity benefit figures.
As you’re here, we have something to ask you. What we do here to deliver real news is more important than ever. But there’s a problem: we need readers like you to chip in to help us survive. We deliver progressive, independent media, that challenges the right’s hateful rhetoric. Together we can find the stories that get lost.
We’re not bankrolled by billionaire donors, but rely on readers chipping in whatever they can afford to protect our independence. What we do isn’t free, and we run on a shoestring. Can you help by chipping in as little as £1 a week to help us survive? Whatever you can donate, we’re so grateful - and we will ensure your money goes as far as possible to deliver hard-hitting news.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.