The Labour party's latest online video turns David Cameron's "Broken Britain" narrative on its head - with a positive twist.
After a week where the Labour party has been accused of negative campaigning, their latest online video turns David Cameron’s “Broken Britain” narrative on its head – with a positive twist.
On first viewing, I was a bit unsure by the worst party election broadcast, but stick with it for a clever twist.
The Conservatives have repeatedly talked down Britain during the election campaign:
• Paul Krugman has dismissed comparisons made by Conservatives between the UK and Greece;
• Conservative scaremongering about the threat of a hung parliament is not backed up by market behaviour
• David Cameron has been challenged by Channel 4 Fact Check for his description of Labour’s poverty record;
• The Tories were criticised for erroneously claiming that half of teenagers in some areas fell pregnant; and
• Public Finance magazine showed that the Tories had misused incapacity benefit figures.Like this article? Sign up to Left Foot Forward's weekday email for the latest progressive news and comment - and support campaigning journalism by making a donation today.
Leave a Reply