Here are the best videos from the 2011 run-up to the 2012 US Presidential election.
2012 looks to be a big year for politics, but overseas they don’t come much bigger than the 2012 US Presidential election.
There have been so many unbelievable gaffes, slip-ups, attack ads and viral videos that we had to exclude America entirely from our countdown of the best videos of 2011, lest it get swamped by our Western friends.
So here, we present a bumper companion piece to that round-up: the five best videos of 2011, US edition. Happy new year!
Mitt Romney: “Corporations are people, my friend”:
Herman Cain: “What is your opinion of President Obama’s handling of Libya?” *Excruciating pause*:
Rick Perry: Fundamentalist non-sequiturs:
Michelle Bachmann: Bettered by an adorable eight year-old:
And so, after all of that, It’s beginning to look a lot like Gingrich:
Happy new year y’all!
Like this article? Sign up to Left Foot Forward's weekday email for the latest progressive news and comment - and support campaigning journalism by making a donation today.
• Rick Perry doesn’t understand logic – Alex Hern, December 8th 2011
• USA 2012: The Cain train derails – Alex Hern, November 23rd 2011
• Romney remains least risible Republican candidate for another week – Alex Hern, November 14th 2011
• USA 2012: Cain self-destructs, and Huntsman attempts to drag Romney into the fray – Alex Hern, November 1st 2011
• Republican tax plans put the myth of conservative economic prowess to bed – Alex Hern, October 27th 2011
Leave a Reply