Alex Hern presents a wonderful video from Lebanon.
On the left is anti-Assad former MP Mustafa Alloush, and on the right is the head of the Lebanese branch of Syria’s ruling Ba’ath party, Fayez Shukur:
Annoyingly, the subtitles cut out what was said towards the end. I wanted to believe that one of them calls the other “a real Dan Hannan”, and that’s what gets the glass thrown.
A more accurate transcript is below (with quite blue language):
Alloush: “A pathetic, low level informant doesn’t talk to me that way!”
Shukur: “I’m an informant?! My shoe’s worth more than you!”
Alloush: “Eat shit!”
Shukur: “Shut the fuck up! You eat shit!”
Host: “I beg you!”
Alloush: “Son of a bitch!”
Host: “No! No! No! Gentlemen! Gentlemen!”
Like this article? Sign up to Left Foot Forward's weekday email for the latest progressive news and comment - and support campaigning journalism by becoming a Left Foot Forward Supporter today.
• USA 2012: The Cain train derails – Alex Hern, November 23rd 2011
• Romney remains least risible Republican candidate for another week – Alex Hern, November 14th 2011
• Coogan: “If the Daily Mail went to the wall tomorrow I’d be delighted” – Shamik Das, October 13th 2011
• VIDEO: The kind of slavish interview the gutless Murdoch prefers – Tom Rouse, July 14th 2011
• Nick Clegg the musical – Shamik Das, June 12th 2011