Alex Hern covers Rick Perry; he remains, ineluctably, Rick Perry.
Rick Perry released his new campaign video on Tuesday, and it’s a doozy. It contains one of the greatest leaps of logic we’ve seen in a political statement for a very long time.
You can watch it below:
Here’s hoping that this style of message becomes the norm on this side of the Atlantic as well.
Ed Miliband might say:
“There’s something wrong in this country when women can serve on submarines, but Subway serves sandwiches.“
David Cameron speaking to the European Union:
“There’s something wrong in this Union when Greece can get a haircut, but hairdressers can’t work for more than 48 hours a week.”
Boris Johnson addressing the London assembly:
“There’s something wrong in this city when fares can go up by seven per cent, but firefighters’ wages go down by three per cent.”
George Osborne telling the house:
“There’s something wrong in this country when Unions can go on strike, but MPs have to pay for their own duck houses.”
Or maybe Nick Clegg, speaking to Sheffield Hallam:
“There’s something wrong in this constituency when students can get an education for only £27,000, but a Liberal Democrat leader can’t get re-election. Hang on, where are you all going?”
Of course, we can’t be too smug. We have Nadine Dorries.
• Malcolm Rifkind: Nadine Dorries doesn’t live in the real world – Alex Hern, December 8th 2011
• USA 2012: The Cain train derails – Alex Hern, November 23rd 2011
• Romney remains least risible Republican candidate for another week – Alex Hern, November 14th 2011
• USA 2012: Cain self-destructs, and Huntsman attempts to drag Romney into the fray – Alex Hern, November 1st 2011
• Republican tax plans put the myth of conservative economic prowess to bed – Alex Hern, October 27th 2011
Leave a Reply