Alex Hern covers Rick Perry; he remains, ineluctably, Rick Perry.
Rick Perry released his new campaign video on Tuesday, and it’s a doozy. It contains one of the greatest leaps of logic we’ve seen in a political statement for a very long time.
You can watch it below:
Here’s hoping that this style of message becomes the norm on this side of the Atlantic as well.
Ed Miliband might say:
“There’s something wrong in this country when women can serve on submarines, but Subway serves sandwiches.“
David Cameron speaking to the European Union:
“There’s something wrong in this Union when Greece can get a haircut, but hairdressers can’t work for more than 48 hours a week.”
Boris Johnson addressing the London assembly:
“There’s something wrong in this city when fares can go up by seven per cent, but firefighters’ wages go down by three per cent.”
George Osborne telling the house:
“There’s something wrong in this country when Unions can go on strike, but MPs have to pay for their own duck houses.”
Or maybe Nick Clegg, speaking to Sheffield Hallam:
“There’s something wrong in this constituency when students can get an education for only £27,000, but a Liberal Democrat leader can’t get re-election. Hang on, where are you all going?”
Of course, we can’t be too smug. We have Nadine Dorries.
Like this article? Sign up to Left Foot Forward's weekday email for the latest progressive news and comment - and support campaigning journalism by making a donation today.
• Malcolm Rifkind: Nadine Dorries doesn’t live in the real world – Alex Hern, December 8th 2011
• USA 2012: The Cain train derails – Alex Hern, November 23rd 2011
• Romney remains least risible Republican candidate for another week – Alex Hern, November 14th 2011
• USA 2012: Cain self-destructs, and Huntsman attempts to drag Romney into the fray – Alex Hern, November 1st 2011
• Republican tax plans put the myth of conservative economic prowess to bed – Alex Hern, October 27th 2011