Left Foot Forward is a political blog for progressives. We provide evidence-based analysis on British politics, policy, and current affairs.
Left Foot Forward is Britain’s No.1 left-wing blog and Will Straw was named one of the “best political pundits on the web” by the Observer. We have been cited in The Economist, Financial Times, Guardian, Times, and Spectator among many other print and online publications.
We have been described as:
• “an increasingly influential left-leaning blog” – Financial Times
• “The place to start the hunt for intelligent views and news about the centre left” – Observer
• “an intelligent blog” – Conservative Home
• “undoubtedly an influential and serious operation” – Independent on Sunday
Without your generous support, we cannot do the work that we do. Please consider donating. Thank you.
We are a non-aligned blog. Because we are progressive and because of the aims we’re committed to, we often find ourselves in agreement with left of centre policies and politicians. But we are focused purely on the quality of policies and furthering progressive goals, rather than on promoting individual politicians and parties.
Left Foot Forward’s sister sites are Think Progress in the US and Chifley in Australia, and we have therefore adopted their approach to blogging by setting out our beliefs and categorising our stories accordingly.
We are fighting for:
1. A proactive and sustainable economic policy that creates jobs and growth, and pulls Britain towards a low carbon and more equitable future.
2. Public services for all that work for, and are accountable to, local people and leave no one behind.
3. A Good society where equality, security, and reciprocity are upheld by cooperative action.
4. A Britain built on Social justice, where all live in dignity and have the opportunity to improve themselves.
5. A Multilateral foreign policy to tackle climate change, poverty, nuclear proliferation, genocide, terrorism, and disease.
6. Clean politics and shining a light on attempts by politicians and public servants to line their own pockets.
7. Media integrity and rejection of biases to support hidden agendas.
8. A Britain we all call home, where citizens of every background continue to build a shared country.
Left Foot Forward is edited by James Bloodworth. Our editorial policy is set by the editor and contributors of Left Foot Forward alone, and no one else.
We welcome ideas for stories, tip offs, and pitches for articles. Please send your ideas to email@example.com or enter them in our ideas box. If you would like to support our work, please click here.