Write for one of the UK's leading progressive news and comment sites.
UPDATE: This call has now closed.
Left Foot Forward is looking for freelance writers and journalists to work with us.
Writing for one of the UK’s top political sites (Vuelio 2019), freelancers work remotely and liaise with the Editor. Writers join us at an exciting time, both in politics and for the site.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Finding and writing topical, evidence-based news stories with speed
- Commissioning and sub-editing work from our network of contributors in politics, policy and campaigns
- Monitoring traditional and new media sources
- Engaging with readers through social media channels
- Writing/sending the daily ‘Look Left’ email
Essential skills and characteristics include:
- Excellent, demonstrable writing skills, including the ability to write and edit copy with both speed and accuracy (LFF generally features four articles per day)
- A good working knowledge of British politics and current affairs
- Commitment to the progressive values of Left Foot Forward
- An intuitive understanding of what will attract readers and set the political agenda
Previous experience in online journalism is welcome.
The shifts (8:30am-4:30pm) involve a significant amount of autonomy and freedom. Former LFF contributors have gone on to great heights.
There is currently one shift available per week. For more information and to apply for a paid trial shift please send a CV and three previous articles (linked or attached) you’ve written to [email protected].
As you’re here, we have something to ask you. What we do here to deliver real news is more important than ever. But there’s a problem: we need readers like you to chip in to help us survive. We deliver progressive, independent media, that challenges the right’s hateful rhetoric. Together we can find the stories that get lost.
We’re not bankrolled by billionaire donors, but rely on readers chipping in whatever they can afford to protect our independence. What we do isn’t free, and we run on a shoestring. Can you help by chipping in as little as £1 a week to help us survive? Whatever you can donate, we’re so grateful - and we will ensure your money goes as far as possible to deliver hard-hitting news.