The best political videos of 2013 as chosen by Left Foot Forward Editor James Bloodworth.
Left Foot Forward editor James Bloodworth picks his 10 favourite political videos of 2013.
1. Journalist James Kirchick was kicked off Russian TV in August for talking about the Russian government’s anti-gay laws
2. Martin Bashir of MSNBC says live on air that someone should sh*t in Sarah Palin’s mouth. He subsequently resigned because of the remarks
3. Newsnight’s Jeremy Paxman talks to Russell Brand about apathy, revolution and facial hair
4. Democrat Senator Elizabeth Warren accuses the GOP of ‘hostage taking’ over the US government shutdown
5. Ed Miliband reads a story in the Sunday Sport accusing his late father Ralph of killing a kitten
6. During House of Commons tributes to former PM Margaret Thatcher, Labour MP Glenda Jackson broke ranks with the majority of her colleagues and delivered an impassioned speech in which she attacked the lagacy of “Thatcherism”
7. Can a colourful character like Toronto Mayor Rob Ford really be reduced to a single video? I don’t think so, so instead here is a compilation of what the controversial politician got up to this year
8. American conspiracy theorist Alex Jones joined Times columnist David Aaronovitch to discuss the secretive Bilderberg Group back in June – and ended up being the “worst person” host Andrew Neil had ever interviewed
9. Former United States secretary of the treasury Larry Summers gave George Osborne’s economic strategy something of a pasting on Newsnight back in March
10. In a week where the Daily Mail accused Labour leader Ed Miliband’s late father of ‘hating Britain’, Mehdi Hasan gave the paper both barrels on BBC Question Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RrjyHlbZckLike this article? Sign up to Left Foot Forward's weekday email for the latest progressive news and comment - and support campaigning journalism by becoming a Left Foot Forward Supporter today.