An infographic of a social media study of the last week of the US Presidential election campaign.
Social Searcher have done a social media study of the last seven days of the US Presidential election campaign, analysing more then 1.3 million Facebook and Twitter mentions of the candidates from October 30th to November 5th.
Amongst the key findings are:
• There were 4 tweets per Facebook post;
• 40% of Tweets were posted by 10% of users;
• There were 1.2 tweets mentioning Mitt Romney per second;
• Mitt Romney was much more viral in social networks over the last 7 days: he received 53.5% of all candidate mentions on Facebook and 70.3% on Twitter.
• Sentiment analytics of the posts looks similar for Romney and President Obama.
Here is the infographic in full:
Like this article? Sign up to Left Foot Forward's weekday email for the latest progressive news and comment - and support campaigning journalism by making a donation today.
Leave a Reply