Left Foot Forward has two events at the Labour Party Conference 2012 in Manchester today.
Today, Left Foot Forward will be hosting two fringe events at the Labour Party Conference in Manchester. Both events are outside the secure zone and open to all.
The energy-industrial revolution: how the UK can lead the world in low-carbon
Wednesday, October 3rd, 12pm-1pm, Lord Mayor’s Suite, Manchester Town Hall
• Caroline Flint MP, Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change;
• David Nussbaum, Chief Executive, WWF;
• Andrew Pendleton, Head of Campaigns, Friends of the Earth;
• Will Straw, Associate Director for Globalisation and Climate Change, IPPR;
• Nick Gardiner, Director Energy & Utilities, BNP Paribas;
• Dimitri Zenghelis, Visiting Senior Fellow, London School of Economics;
• Sue Ferns, Head of Research, Prospect Union (Chair).
Partners: Friends of the Earth and IPPR.
What should Labour’s winning manifesto be in 2015 and what should it propose for social work?
Wednesday October 3rd, 1pm-2pm, Lord Mayor’s Suite, Manchester Town Hall
• Lisa Nandy MP, Shadow Minister for Children and Families;
• Hilton Dawson, Chief Executive of BASW and General Secretary of the Social Workers Union;
• Erin King, social worker with disabled adults;
• Kaliya Franklin, an author of the Spartacus Report and disabled blogger and activist;
• Daniel Elton, former Managing Director of Left Foot Forward (Chair).
Partners: British Association of Social Workers.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Will and ShamikLike this article? Sign up to Left Foot Forward's weekday email for the latest progressive news and comment - and support campaigning journalism by making a donation today.
Leave a Reply