We continue our countdown of the ten best videos of 2011 with David Cameron’s “calm down dear” comments in the House.
Join Left Foot Forward as we look over the year that was, and count down our ten favourite videos of 2011…
Number nine is an example (one of many this year) of the prime minsiter’s ‘women problem’, the crude, laddish behaviour that sparked a front page apology in the Sunday Times (£), and may well have influenced the legislative agenda as he desperately tried to undo the damage caused.
Here he is, in April, telling Angela Eagle to “calm down, dear”:
Like this article? Sign up to Left Foot Forward's weekday email for the latest progressive news and comment - and support campaigning journalism by making a donation today.
• Osborne’s mini-budget takes £1.7bn from women – Alex Hern, December 21st 2011
• Two weeks after ‘fixing’ it, Cameron creates a new “women problem” – Alex Hern, October 17th 2011
• Has the coalition lost the plot on growth? – Shamik Das, July 28th 2011
• Cameron, Clarke, Dorries, Willetts: The Tories keep screwing up on gender equality – Daniel Elton, May 22nd 2011
• Where are all the women? – Ronit Wolfson, May 24th 2011
Leave a Reply