We continue the countdown of the ten best videos of 2011 with David Cameron’s terrible (terrible (TERRIBLE)) Australian accent.
Join Left Foot Forward as we look over the year that was, and count down our ten favourite videos of 2011…
In October, David Cameron returned from the Commonwealth Heads Of Government meeting in Australia. While there, he’d announced some puff legislation, and largely avoided embarrassing himself or us.
Then he got back, and at the Lord Mayor’s banquet in November – looking like he was born to wear a white tie as only an ex-Buller boy can – managed to make up for lost time with one of the worst Australian accents committed to video:
• The “New Right”: Gaddafi lovers, Holocaust deniers and ‘up market’ fascists – Shamik Das, December 14th 2011
• Australia’s climate change legislation passes the final test in the Senate – Will Fitzgibbon, November 8th 2011
• Time for the Commonwealth to stop the criminalisation of sexuality – Frederick Cowell, October 28th 2011
• Secret trade agreement places western profit over global welfare – Alex Hern, September 29th 2011
• Another blow for Gillard as High Court rules refugee “swap” deal illegal – Shamik Das, August 31st 2011
Leave a Reply